Benefits of Pedicures:
Many women have long known the luxury of a spa pedicure, but could a pedicure actually have health benefits not only for the ladies, but for the men too?
Your feet take a beating, and if you happen to be carrying extra weight on your frame, your feet get the brunt of it. The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day, which adds up to about 115,000 miles over a lifetime. Comparing in terms of cars, not everyone will drive a car that has 115,000 miles, especially if it hasn’t been properly maintained.
Whether you go to a salon or do self pedicures, there are health benefits in properly maintaining your feet.
- Cutting, clipping and cleaning of the nails prevents nails from growing inward and causing infection.
- The elimination of dirt and bacteria from your feet will also help prevent nail diseases and disorders and helps eliminate foot odor.
- Exfoliation, or the sloughing off of dead skin cells, prevents the cells from accumulating and causing bunions or corns, which can be painful.
- Removal of the dead skins cells also encourages newer skin cell growth which creates a smoother, more appealing foot.
The most enjoyable part of the salon pedicure is the massage. The lotion and/or oils used in the massage moisturize the newly exfoliated skin, and massaging promotes circulation in the calves and feet. It can reduce foot pain from being on one’s feet all day and can help maintain the health and performance of the muscles. And let’s face it, a nice time out for this pampering can reduce stress.
Nail color is optional. It is fun for the ladies and avoided by the men.
Whether or not you get the color, the health benefits of pedicures are not imagined and are a part of proper foot care. Gone are the days when this kind of foot care was only a luxury. Everyone deserves to take good care of their feet.
Purpose of Manicures:
Hands along with fingernails are given a better look with the help of beauty treatment called manicure. Professional manicures are very effective and you can do a manicure at home also. For this you should know the procedure and should have few tools required for manicure. By having routine manicures along with a balanced diet, you can make your fingernails strong.
By performing regular manicures, you can expect following for your hands and nails.
- Manicure prevents wrinkles on the nails
- Massaging by cream increases the blood circulation in hands, using acupressure techniques, which improves the health of skin.
- Any damages in nails like fragile tips, wear and tear, and splits can be prevented.
- Hangnails are removed.
- It increases the flexibility and suppleness of wrist and hands
- You will get tidy, shaped and strong nails with glow.
- It will take care of skin problem
- Use of wax, oils, creams to cleanse, exfoliate and improve the texture of nails and skin.
Besides all these benefits, a manicure has another benefit also. It soothes and relaxes all the body parts as hands have pressure points corresponding to all the body parts. They get pressed during hand massage.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Spa Benefits,